Easy Chicken Satay Skewers Recipe
Potluck Football party snacks can ruin your dieting efforts but this yummy low fat option will score a touchdown with your NFL fantasy team.
This lean chicken satay skewer recipe offers a protein option for football fans at your potluck
|Easy Chicken Satay Skewers Recipe|
- 1 lb of chicken breasts or pre-cut chicken breast strips
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 to 3 teaspoons hot chili oil, to taste
- 1 1/4 cups teriyaki sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 cup peanut butter, chunky or smooth
- Juice of 2 limes, zest of 1 reserved for sauce
- 1 bunch scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Bamboo Skewers (soak in water to prevent flare up if using an outdoor grill)
- Preheat a grill pan or an outdoor grill to medium-high.
- Cut chicken into thin 1 1/2 inch-wide strips (about 20 slices) place in shallow casserole dish.
- Stir together 1 cup teriyaki sauce, garlic and chili oil and pour over chicken strips. Dredge meat through the spices to distribute evenly and place dish in refrigerator to marinate.
- Dipping Sauce
- In a medium sauce pan bring 1/4 cup teriyaki and apple juice to a boil (. Once it reaches a boil, turn off the heat.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, lime zest and the hot teriyaki/apple juice mixture until it resembles a dipping sauce consistency.
- Place the sauce in a serving bowl, and set it aside while you grill up the satays.
- Skewer the strips of chicken by weaving the sticks in and out.
- Grill the satays for about 2-3 minutes until cooked through.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over the strips, garnish with scallions and serve with peanut sauce.
- Garnish the dipping sauce and meat with the scallions and toasted sesame seeds.
Make ahead cooking tip for your Super Bowl Party…
Pour the marinade ingredients into a freezer bag and place chicken or beef strips into the bag, seal and massage marinade into meat and then freeze. The strips thaw out quickly and this makes a perfect quick snack when you have unexpected guests or events to attend.Shop Rachael Ray Sales and Specials
Like this Rachael Ray Baking Pan
Rachael Ray’s approach to bakeware…with a creative twist that’s all Rachael!This 5-pc… [More]