What? Cake in 3 minutes? Yes please!
Seattle’s Best Coffee has been busy brewing up new recipes in their taste kitchen, including one with a little local flair just for the west – Rocky Mountain Mocha Mug Cake. You can use this recipe to take your coffee routine to the next altitude, or simply enjoy the satisfaction of creating a cake in your mug. The best part about it? The smooth, balanced and full flavor of Signature Blend 3 makes it the perfect canvas for any of your coffee creations.
End ski season on a high note and learn how to make your own Seattle’s Best Rocky Mountain Mocha Mug Cake – and view even more coffee-forward recipes here.
Plus, grab a $2-off coupon for Seattle’s Best Coffee so you can recreate your favorites at home.
Rocky Mountain Mocha Mug Cake Recipe
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup Seattle’s Best Coffee Signature Blend No. 3, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon peanuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon mini marshmallows
- 1 Tablespoon butterscotch chips (optional)
- 1 tablespoon milk chocolate chips
- Whipped cream (optional)
- In a large 16 oz mug, stir flour, sugar, cocoa powder and salt together with a fork. Add Seattle’s Best Coffee Signature Blend No. 3 and stir. Add egg, milk, oil and vanilla and mix well.
- Microwave on high 3 minutes. Cake will puff in the microwave and deflate once removed. Top immediately with peanuts (optional), mini marshmallows, chocolate chips and/or whipped cream. Enjoy!
Don’t believe it only takes 3 minutes? Watch this video!
Don’t forget to click for the coupon
Be Your Own Barista: Easy Frothed Milk
- 1/3 cup 2% or nonfat milk
- 1 cup brewed Seattle’s Best Coffee
- Add milk to a half-pint mason jar. Cover tightly with lid and shake vigorously until doubled in volume, about 15 – 30 seconds.
- Remove lid and microwave for approximately 10 seconds. Be sure to keep an eye on the milk to prevent it from spilling over in the microwave. Pour the milk into the brewed Seattle’s Best Coffee and spoon froth over the top.