I’ve had a crush on Margarita’s my whole life!
Ever since my parents used to let me sneak a taste of theirs at the local watering hole (GeJo’s) when I was in high school! I thought maybe it was the forbidden fruit but 30 years later and I still LOVE Margarita’s. I have gotten pickier through the years however.. I used to drink any margarita, $1 Marg night… I’m IN! But now I prefer real ingredients in my Margs.
Clumsy Gourmet’s Clean Margarita Recipe
- 3 shots of Camarene Tequila (My favorite… friends don’t let friends drink Cuervo!)
- 2 -3 Limes Squeezed (If you don’t have a lime squeezer thingy…I got this one for Christmas)
- 1.5 shots of Triple Sec or Cointreau
- Kosher Salt or Super Fine Sugar
- Simple Syrup to Taste
- 4 Drops Young Living Essential Oil (Citrus Fresh, Orange, or Lime .. I love all 3 options)
- Combine tequila, lime juice, Orange Liquor of choice (Cointreau or Triple Sec) and ice in the blender.
- Blend until it is the way you like it.
- Run cut limes around the Margarita glass and dip in salt or sugar. I have two of these rimmers one with salt and one with sugar
- Pour Margaritas in glass
- Add Essential Oils ( I didn’t want to lose any in the blender)
- Stir in with pretty straws or these stainless steel ones that I love for my smoothies too.
- DRINK UP!
If you’d like to make up the margarita mixer in advance, this is another option.
CLEAN MARGARITA MIXER
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave syrup
- 4 drops Young Living Orange, Lime or Citrus Fresh Essential Oils
SIMPLE SYRUP RECIPE
You have two options
- Quick & Easy – 1:1 Sugar and Water… Shake until completely dissolved. The superfine sugar you bought to use for a rimmer works great.
- On the Stove – 2 parts sugar to 1 part water…
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Dissolve the sugar into the boiling water, stirring constantly.
- Once the sugar is dissolved completely, remove the pan from the heat. (Note: Do not allow the syrup to boil for too long or the syrup will be too thick once it cools.)
- Allow to cool completely and thicken, then bottle and refrigerate if you aren’t using it right away.
Let us know on the Cooking with Essential Oils Facebook page if you give these a try.