Easy Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Recipe
This Mexican main dish recipe is my go to comfort food during the winter months.
I adapted this recipe given to me by my favorite niece Julia.
|Mexican Green Chili Chicken Enchilada’s||
- 2 cans Hatches Green enchilada sauce (choose your level of heat)
- 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1 8oz package, shredded Cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 1 package of 10 (or so) regular size Tortilla, flour (soft taco size I think)
- 1 package of Spanish Rice (prepare as directed on package)
- (Optional as a side dish or to put inside the Enchilada’s)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large skillet, warm sauce cans a bit. (where you can still touch sauce with finger and it not burn you)
- Take a tortilla and dip with your hands into the sauce, then place on to a plate and fill with some chicken and a bit of cheese.
- Roll up and place in a greased 9 X 13 pan.
- Continue until the ingredients are used up.
- Top with remaining Green Chili enchilada sauce and shredded Mexican cheese.
Garnish with shredded lettuce, pico sauce, sour cream and guacamole.
( How full you want the enchiladas to be, etc., is up to you. If you really like cheese, then be generous)
Place in oven for about 30 minutes or so. The cheese should be melted and bubbling.