Easy Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Recipe
This Mexican main dish recipe is my go to comfort food during the winter months.
I adapted this recipe given to me by my favorite niece Julia.
|Mexican Green Chili Chicken Enchilada’s||
- 2 cans Hatches Green enchilada sauce (choose your level of heat)
- 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1 8oz package, shredded Cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 1 package of 10 (or so) regular size Tortilla, flour (soft taco size I think)
- 1 package of Spanish Rice (prepare as directed on package)
- (Optional as a side dish or to put inside the Enchilada’s)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large skillet, warm sauce cans a bit. (where you can still touch sauce with finger and it not burn you)
- Take a tortilla and dip with your hands into the sauce, then place on to a plate and fill with some chicken and a bit of cheese.
- Roll up and place in a greased 9 X 13 pan.
- Continue until the ingredients are used up.
- Top with remaining Green Chili enchilada sauce and shredded Mexican cheese.
Garnish with shredded lettuce, pico sauce, sour cream and guacamole.
( How full you want the enchiladas to be, etc., is up to you. If you really like cheese, then be generous)