Have you ever tried to just buy a pair of LuLaRoe Leggings?
Well, I did! What a nightmare experience!! I kept seeing these cute patterned leggings on everyone that passed by and when I asked a few .. “oh, they are LuLaRoe Leggings” was always the answer. So off on my quest to buy a pair.
LuLaRoe Buying Process
- First try… go to the website and order a pair of cute Christmas patterned leggings. No Go.
- Go to Facebook and ask….“Hey, how do I buy some LuLaRoe Leggings?” OMG!! That’s when the crazy started to happen. Within an hour I had been added to at least 12 selling groups with dozens of posts an hour. I start reading… all these groups are waiting for the new launch. What?
- I find out they have two sizes. One size fits all and Tall & Curvy. Ok well, I’m not tall.. but curvy is right so now I have a more specific goal, I want a pair of Tall & Curvy Christmas Leggings. I start searching in these groups for that. No Go Again.
- Next, I ask on my original Facebook thread. I’m looking for the Tall & Curvy Christmas pattern… anyone has those in stock? Again.. added to 15 MORE LuLaRoe Facebook groups. Are you kidding me? Dear Facebook: PLEASE add a setting where I can NOT be added to Facebook groups without my permission!!!
- I try again.. Ok I say to myself, this really can’t be this hard, apparently all the Holiday patterns are sold out so I’ll just look for a pair that has a cute pattern. Ok now what. I look through the folders in the many groups but there are no links to buy them. Oh yeah.. still waiting for the launch!
- WOO HOO the launch! Ok send the LuLaRoe Leggings rep your email address and she will send you the secret code or something. Code Received! ok… maybe NOW I can order a pair.
- Oops.. still can’t just buy a pair from the website. I have to go in the Facebook group and say I want a specific pair, then back to the website to find that pair and mark it sold.. What? OMG ok, trying. Found a pair I like .. post on that pair.. then go to the website. Now it’s gone? Ask the leader what happened.. “Oh looks like they forgot to post on Facebook” I give up!!
What Other Bloggers are saying about LuLaRoe Leggings
Really folks, it shouldn’t be this hard to buy a pair of cute leggings right? So I hit the internet. The first article I find is from a fellow blogger “I Save A to Z.” Sure enough, she is having the exact same problem with LuLaroe Leggings that I did. This is just a ridiculous marketing program that must be reaching the millennials that have lots of extra time on their hands since these leggings are so popular. I do not have that kind of free time nor the patience. The more I read, the more I now wanted to learn so I google “LuLaRoe Reviews” OH MY!
AdvertScams has a whole article on the pro’s and con’s of the LulaRoe Leggings business model and it’s quite revealing and led me to go to their BBB rating… an F! That’s hard to get. To date, 171 one complaints.
GlassDoor is for employee’s of a company to post a review, even more enlightening, now I feel sorry for those poor LuLaRoe Leggings girls. Phrases like “Don’t give it a second thought, RUN!,” “Consultants-to-be, Beware,” “Do Not Waste Your Money, ” and “Worst Experience Ever” were just a few.
AceandRich’s review about the LuLaRoe business model itself. WOW! A new consultant has to invest $3000-$6000 just to get started? Here’s what they said about the compensation plan.
Package #1 will cost $4,812 for 336 pieces.
Package #2 will cost $5,365 for 365 pieces.
Package #3 will cost $6,784 for 463 pieces.
There are 3 different ways to get paid with LuLaRoe consultant:
Fashion consultant must order 33 pieces per month in order to receive payment and they must be active.
Sponsors who are active must order 175 pieces per month in order to receive payment.
Trainer who are active will get paid when their downline is ordering at least 1,750 pieces every month, not including their own personal sales.
The final straw for me was when a friend told me she had managed to muddle through the buying process several months ago and when she received her leggings they didn’t fit and one pair tore. She tried to return them and get a refund but LulaRoe has NO REFUNDS!!!! What? How can you sell things online that people haven’t tried on and not be able to return them and get a refund? She returned them for a credit but she doesn’t like them and wants a refund.
BETTER Than LuLaRoe Leggings
I still wanted some cute leggings so…
In my quest three other legging companies caught my eye, the Amazon review from I Save A to Z was the first and easiest to manage. Amazon Prime here I come and guess what.. I clicked a button and 2 days later my cute HOLIDAY PATTERNED leggings were on my front porch. I LOVE THEM! Just like all the hype from LLR folks. Super soft and comfy, not see-thru and I wanted to wear them every day. VIV sizing runs the same, One Size for size 2-14 and Plus Size for 14-22 (aka Tall & Curvy in LLR). I bought my 5’10” daughter a pair of these cute Christmas leggings to wear for her holiday singing concerts. She loves them too!
I also bought these pretty floral leggings by VIV. I have now washed and worn them 4 times and they are like brand new plus they were only $12.99 with free shipping and a complete return policy. I just ordered 3 more VIV Leggings for gifts.Be sure they say VIV! There are lots that look the same.
The second company was a fundraiser for a local ladies group with Shop Spirit Love. I got these very quickly and they did have one, holiday pair in the tall & curvy size but the waistband was NOT for the curvy! I gave both those pairs to my tall and skinny daughter so those didn’t work.
Legging Army! The Winner!
The third company has the MOST different legging patterns of all three options and they have just included sizes larger than the tall and curvy girls so that’s a first as far as I know. They were very backlogged for the holidays when I ordered on Cyber Monday but I have now received my leggings and I love them too. They seem just like the VIV one’s above but lots more patterns. Also… FREE SHIPPING!
They also let you sell them if you want to and get a 25% discount for yourself and a 25% commission if you sell. It’s easy to sign up (Click here) and only costs you $10 if you don’t want to order any leggings. A WAY better deal than spending $5000 on inventory if you do want to make a little extra cash. You can sell on Facebook or on your own website and they set you up a website too, where everything that sells earns you a little extra cash. Why not give it a try for zero risk and just a little time reading through the instructions.
The Legging Army Prices are affordable
- 1 Size Leggings (3-16) $16 – Free Shipping
- Plus Size Leggings (14-20) $18 – Free Shipping
- 3x/4x Leggings (20 – 26) $20 – Free Shipping
- Kids Leggings $14 – Free Shipping – Kids come in 2 sizes S/M Fits Ages 4-7 L/XL Fits Ages 8 to Junior Size 1/2
I ordered this pair along with my surprise affiliate holiday pack and love them.
The Legging Army affiliate program only pays commissions one-level down which is how they keep the prices low. If you see a pair of leggings on the site go ahead and order them right away, certain fabrics do sell out and usually don’t come back. Examples of just a few of the prints available.
Click to check out the current inventory here.
In conclusion, I really feel sorry for the LuLaRoe Leggings consultants out there who are stuck with lots of money in inventory and unable to sell what they have left. I hope that the people at the top making buckets of cash realize this isn’t going to last for long if they don’t start supporting their people better.