Limoncello Marinated Chicken Wings Recipe
Serves 5 to 6 (depending on how hungry you are)
- 3 whole lemons, quartered
- 1/2 cup limoncello
- 1/4 ounce fresh thyme (about ½ T.)
- 3 ounces fresh rosemary (about 6T)
- 1/4 ounce fresh oregano (about ½ T.)
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 ½ cups extra virgin olive oil
- 5 pounds chicken wings
Chicken Wings Directions:
- Blend the quartered lemons, limoncello and rest of marinade ingredients in food processor.
- Fully coat the chicken wings and marinate in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Remove from marinade, and bake or grill wings at 450 degrees until browned and cooked through 20 to 30 minutes.
- Actual coal-fired oven preferred, but not required.
-Marco’s Coal Fired Pizza
Nutritional information per serving: 674 cals., 66 g fat (9 g sat), 0 mg chol., 11 g carb., 1 g pro., 6 g fiber, 2322 mg sodium
There are two locations of Marco’s in Denver
10111 Inverness Main St.
Englewood, CO 80112
11:00am – 10:00pm Daily
2129 Larimer St.
Denver, CO 80205
11:00am – 10:00pm Sun-Thu
11:00am – 11:00pm Fri & Sat
If you are really ambitious you can even make your own homemade Limoncello according to Giada De Laurentis Ingredients
- 10 lemons
- 1 (750-ml) bottle vodka
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
Note: We made a batch of these for the Super Bowl game and they were a huge hit! We didn’t realize it but of course, it’s a great gluten-free option for any potluck party. We threw in 3 pounds of wings and 2 pounds of drumsticks which were actually cheaper than the wings were and they were just as succulent. Next project is to try this with chicken breasts which would be gluten free and low fat/low calorie/high protein.. the perfect combination!
Update: Added 1 drop of Lemon Essential Oil to the marinade for these wings and loved the extra kick!
Please let me know if you tried this and how it turned out for you.