Inside-Out Bacon Cheeseburgers Recipe adapted from Rachael Ray
Ok, so I don’t claim these are healthy but they are yummy to die for killer burgers that will make the man in our life happy!
Inside Out Bacon Cheese Burgers Recipe
- 5 slices bacon, chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 1/3 pounds ground beef sirloin (97/3%)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, eyeball it
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning blend or coarse salt and black pepper
- 1/2 pound favorite cheese, crumbled/grated
- 1 Tablespoon Mayo
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 4 whole grain buns or bread of choice split & grilled at the end
- Preheat grill pan over high heat.
- In a medium pan, brown bacon over medium-high heat and drain on paper towel lined plate and chop into small pieces.
- Combine ground beef with Worcestershire, Cumin, and steak seasoning or salt and pepper. Divide meat into 4 equal parts.
- Combine grated cheese and cooked bacon.
- Take 1/4 of the meat in your hand and make a well in the center of it. Pile in cheese and bacon, then carefully form the burger around the cheese and bacon filling. Make sure the fillings are completely covered with meat.
- When all 4 patties are formed, drizzle burgers with EVOO and place on hot grill pan. Cook 2 minutes on each side over high heat, reduce heat to medium-low and cook burgers 7 or 8 minutes longer, turning occasionally.
- Do not press down on burgers as they cook because it makes the meat loose in juiciness. Transfer burgers to a plate and let them rest 5 minutes before serving. Add a slice of cheese if your crew are cheese lovers!
- This is also the time to grill your buns.
- Transfer burgers to a plate and let them rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Add mayonnaise and cumin in a small bowl with salt and pepper to taste for a quick and surprising spread.
Pile burgers on crusty buns and top with crisp lettuce leaves and grilled onions. As you bite into the burgers, you will find a smoky, cheesy surprise at the center.
Serve with any combination of:
- Grilled Onions
- Marinated Mushrooms
- Sliced Onion
- Thinly sliced tomato
- Crisp lettuce leaves
- Mustard, Catsup
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
Serve up with a slice of watermelon and Healthy Oven Steak Fries.