You know the drill you try to limit it to six for each person and then 4 of your dozen crack while boiling, 1 leaks out and makes a mess all over all the other eggs, you send your hubby to the store on Easter Saturday, possibly THE BIGGEST nightmare day ever… (other than when the weatherman here in Colorado says we are expecting a blizzard).
He comes home a little beat up with another dozen eggs, and you start the process all over again. What are you doing wrong??
How to make perfect hard-boiled eggs…
“Place the eggs in a pan just big enough to hold them in a single layer. Cover them with cold water and bring them to a rolling boil. Cook for 4-12 minutes depending on how you like your eggs. See the chart below, then remove them from the heat. When the water has cooled enough that you can put your hand in (about 20 minutes), the eggs will be perfectly cooked.”
This method avoids not only the cracking in the pan because of the single layer you also avoid overcooking which is what leads to the nasty sulfur smell and the not so attractive green ring around the yellow yolk.
Try this method of preparing hard boiled eggs this Easter and see if it works for you.
PERFECT HARD BOILED EGGS FOR EASTER
Recipe Type: HolidayAuthor: Chrissy MorinCook time: 6 minsTotal time: 25 minsServes: 6Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs are easyIngredients
- 1 dozen eggs (however many fits in a single layer in your big pot)
- water to cover plus 1″
- Place the eggs in a pan just big enough to hold them in a single layer. Cover them with cold water and bring them to a rolling boil.
- Cook for 6 minutes after the water has boiled.
- Remove them from the heat. Let the water cool about 20 minutes
Instant Pots are all the rage right now and many of my friends swear by using them to do hard boiled eggs. Check out the recipe books here to get directions.
Bunny Butt Cookies
These cute bunny butt cookies are sure to become an Easter favorite.
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 container (12 oz) fluffy white whipped ready-to-spread frosting
- Pink gel food color, if desired
- 22 miniature marshmallows
- Assorted size candy sprinkles
- Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes. Remove plastic wrap.
- Cut cookie dough into 33 slices.
- Cut 11 slices into 4 equal wedges; shape each wedge into ovals for bunny feet.
- Place cookie dough slices and bunny feet on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- In a medium microwavable bowl, stir frosting and 1 to 3 drops pink food color until well blended.
- Microwave uncovered on High 10 to 15 seconds or until soft but not translucent.
- To make bunny butt, frost 1 whole cookie slice and 2 bunny feet with frosting.
- Place bunny feet on the bottom of the cookie as shown in the photo.
- Place 1 marshmallow in the center of each cookie for tail.
- Decorate bunny paws with candy sprinkles.
- Repeat with remaining cookie slices and bunny feet.
LOOKING FOR MORE IDEAS FOR FUN EASTER TREATS?
CHEAP OR FREE EASTER RECIPE KINDLE BOOKS
- Easy, Elegant and Adorable Easter Treats
- Easter Cookies and Cupcakes – Simple and Easy to Make (Simple and Easy Recipes Book)
- Easter Recipes: Overnight Breakfast Casserole Recipes For a Delicious, Stress-Free Breakfast and Brunch
- Easter 100 Recipes
- EASTER RECIPES: Tantalize Their Taste Buds
- Effortless Gourmet Easter and Springtime and Summer Recipes – Delicious Recipes for Spring
- Fresh Fruits and Vegetables: Easter, Summer, and Springtime … Summer Recipes – Spring, Summer and More!)
- EASTER RECIPES: EASY EASTER EATS — RECIPES FOR ENTERTAINING
Many of these Easter Cookbooks are free if you have an Amazon Prime membership.