My extra daughter Heather (one of my youngest daughter’s best friend that “lived” at our house, always requests this dish for any and all special occasions. Love you, Heather!
Green Chili Chicken Burritos Recipe
Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9 x 13 Pan
- 2 cans Green Chili (or homemade of course) (mild)
- 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Mexican spices to your taste, (chili powder, cumin)
- 2 cloves garlic (smashed and diced)
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 8oz package, shredded Cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 1 package of 10 (or so) burrito size Tortillas, flour, corn or Gluten Free
- 1 package of microwave Spanish rice or GF Rice & Quinoa from Costco
- Microwave Spanish rice or GF Quinoa using packing directions.
- Prepare your chicken by either using a store-bought cooked chicken or grill your own.
- Shred or cut into small pieces, cook in a large skillet along with tomatoes, 1/2 cup green chili, garlic, onions until cooked through.
- Place a large spoonful of chicken mixture 1 of rice & 1 of shredded cheese.
- Roll up and place in a greased 9 X 13 pan.( How full you want the enchiladas to be, etc., is up to you. ) Repeat till the pan is full.
- Pour any leftover sauce and cheese over the top.
- Place in the oven for about 30 minutes or so. The cheese should be melted and bubbling.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole or your choice of side dishes.
*Optional make in two 8×8 inch pans, serve one and freeze the other.