Young Living Essential Oils.. what does that mean?
Yes, I have been thinking the same thing for years when people have mentioned them to me, a Doula friend of mine swears by them for her pregnant and nursing moms and the new babies but I’m done with all that (my baby is 25) so I didn’t really pay too much attention.
Then my good friend Barb started posting photos of clean and healthy + cute things for her friends and family on her Crafty Side of Essential Oils page…. well I’m all about healthy products without junk, you already know about my Daniel Plan detox…. and these were CUTE too so it was the natural next step to find out more about “Young Living Essential Oils.”
I wanted to make lip balm, and sugar scrub and bath salts and shower bomb DIY projects for my blog and make gifts for my friends and family and the most economical way to do that was to buy the kit. You get 10+ full size bottles of essential oils not just samples along with the diffuser (I didn’t even know what that was) but once I got the kit and set up the diffuser… My oh my! Both my hubby and I have a hard time getting to sleep and then staying asleep. Add to that he had just been injured with two cracked ribs so he couldn’t roll over on his side.. the only way he can sleep and not snore and with all the pain he wasn’t sleeping well either. After the very first night of YL essential oils in the diffuser, we both slept wonderfully well, better than we had in weeks.. maybe months. He snores VERY loudly so even if he’s sleeping soundly if he’s on his back I won’t be able to, but with the diffuser.. he doesn’t snore…
Steps to get your kit and open your account.
What do I get in my Young Living Essential Oils Kit?
Young Living just upgraded their website so this is a new link. It seems to work very smoothly from a computer (apple/pc) but might get tricky from a tablet or mobile. I recommend you bring up this message on your mobile phone, but conduct the sign-up process from a computer.
1. Click here to sign up for Young Living Wholesale Discounted Oils.
2.The “WHOLESALE” box should be checked, not “Retail Customer.” (Wholesale Members get 24% discount on all future purchases. Retail customers do not.)
It should look like this:
4. Fill out the Sign-in information, writing down your pin, username and password when you choose it. You’ll need these in the future to log into your account, speak with Customer Service or communicate via Live Chat. Your pin is very important because it is how other people can access your account to help you in the future without needing a password.
5. Complete Tax information. Complete Tax information. Your SS# is requested for legal purposes so that you have the ability to sign others up for kits (Young Living is a referral based business). If you never sign anyone up, your SS# will never be used. I don’t see this information at all. Young Living has been in business 20 years and this is part of the wholesale account for everyone.
6. Select “Premium Starter Kit.” Select “Premium Starter Kit.” It is typically the first choice offered. This is the one with the Everyday Oils Kit and home diffuser. The other kit options do not include the oils kit. If you want the Home Diffuser it will be $150. The Bamboo Diffuser, which is a different design and reaches slightly farther, is $160. (I started with the tulip one but I’m sure I’ll be getting one soon for the living room.)
7. Consider enrolling in Essential Rewards, Young Living’s loyalty program. Earn 10-20% back on your purchases, which can be redeemed at any time. Get reduced standard shipping (currently $8.99, no matter how large your order is). You commit to 50 PV per month (basically $50 of oils or other products), You can change your order as many times as you would like each month, skip a month, and cancel at any time without penalty. It is a pretty cool way to if you think essential oils will continue to be a part of your improved health and wellness. Essential Rewards is not required. You can enroll in it at any time if you wish.
8. On this next page, you will be able to add additional items to your cart or you can continue to check out. If you have a coupon code you will be able to add it in the cart at checkout. For shipping, please be aware that those processing times are for actual shipping, not the time it takes to leave the warehouse. I personally use FedEx 5-7 shipping and plan on 2 weeks to get a kit. It usually comes much sooner but that is a good guide.
Here’s what you get in your Premium Starter Kit
- Rainstone™ Diffuser*
- Premium Essential Oils Collection;
- Lavender 5-ml
- Peppermint Vitality™ 5-ml
- Lemon Vitality™ 5-ml
- Copaiba Vitality™ 5-ml
- Frankincense 5-ml
- Thieves® Vitality™ 5-ml
- Citrus Fresh™ 5-ml
- Raven™ 5-ml
- DiGize™ Vitality™ 5-ml
- PanAway® 5-ml
- Stress Away™ 5-ml
- AromaGlide™ Roller Fitment
- Thieves Household Cleaner 1-oz. sample
- 10 Love It? Share It! Sample Business Cards
- 10 Love It? Share It! Sample Oil Bottles
- 2 NingXia Red® 2-oz. samples
- Product Guide and Product Price List
- Essential Oils Magazine
- Essential Edge News
- Member Resources
One or more of the following essential oils may be substituted in the event of sourcing constraints or supply considerations: AromaEase™, Citrus Fresh™ Vitality™, Lemongrass Vitality™, Orange Vitality™ and Tea Tree.
You also get the oils diffuser of choice, a booklet outlining each of the oils in your kit.
If you are curious about what oils help with what? There’s a handy app for that!
Reference Guide for Essential Oils – Abundant Health
Why Young Living Oils?
I’ve bought oils at Walgreens and the craft store but I was only interested in the scents of them, there were some spammy people posting their links on my Facebook buy/sell page so looking into that brand didn’t excite me, PLUS their kit is a ton more expensive to get started. I wanted the good stuff but I didn’t want to have to be one of those obnoxious MLM people who are constantly inviting their friends over and bullying them into buying and selling a product. When you become a member of Young Living Essential Oils you are only required to buy $50 worth of oils a year to remain a member!! So there is ZERO PRESSURE to sell any ever. At Young Living, they are more interested in helping you and your family with these essential oils, not building a downline. If you want some of the technical stuff about Young Living Essential Oils and how they process the ingredients from “Seed to Seal” you can read here:
Not only does YLEO (Young Living Essential Oils) own farms in 2 states in the US (Utah & Idaho) and own land or have partnerships with farmers in 6 countries: France, Ecuador, Taiwan, Owan, Israel and then They bought land in a rainforest in Iquitos, Peru!
“After much investigation and interaction with government officials, Young Living has purchased more than 3,400 acres of wild Amazon rain forest, where we will be building a distillery, researching wild crafted and native plants, and distilling them to produce essential oils for Young Living.”
Why so many places? The US climate isn’t the best place to grown and capture many of the wonderful healing essential oils that have been being used for centuries.
Ready to start exploring oils making gifts and having fun? Click here! Everyone gets excited for a different reason.. what will yours be? I can’t wait to hear!