This yummy creamy frosting has a multitude of uses from cupcakes to birthday cake to icing cinnamon rolls.
Butter Cream Frosting Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces of cream cheese, softened (I use the Neufchatel 1/2 the fat same yumminess)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 -1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar (aka powdered sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (you can use any flavor of extract to match the flavor of your confection)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- If the icing is too stiff add milk/heavy cream in tiny amounts.
- If it’s too thin add more powdered sugar.
- If you add food coloring you will need to adjust the amount of powdered sugar.
- Bribe family members to do chores in return for getting to lick the beaters and the bowl when you are done.
We plan on using this orange colored frosting on our Denver Bronco Cookies and our Halloween Oreo Stuffed Brownies.
Add some orange peel and use to ice homemade cinnamon rolls. YUM!