This is one of my current favorite things to make for lunch. You can add or subtract fat as you like by the optional ingredients.
Low Fat Grilled Curried Chicken Salad Recipe
This is a great low-fat, high protein lunch option and my daughter fight over it when I make it.
- 1 Large Chicken Breast – Grilled (cut into bite sized cubes) *This can be made with canned ir rotisserie chicken as well.
- 12 Grapes – halved. or Mandarin Orange slices – halved
- 1 can mandarin oranges in juice
- 1 stalk Celery – chopped
- 1/4 c. of non-fat plain yogurt or 1/4 c. Lt. Miracle Whip or 1/4 Mayo
- 2 tsp of Sweet or Spicy Curry Powder to taste
- 1 tsp of Dill or (1 tsp of any Dill based Spice Blend) to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients and chill for 30 mins or eat right away.
You can serve this on a lettuce leaf, with crackers, bruschetta, celery stalks, and of course use for a non-traditional Chicken Salad Sandwich.
GLUTEN FREE VARIATION: Serve with veggies like Boston lettuce leaves, celery stalks or scooped out cucumbers.
*optional FAT but Yummy topping… Shoestring Potatoes sprinkle a few on top.
Potluck Favorite too. just scoop in the center of a pretty serving dish and arrange the “scoopers” around the edge, if you use the shoestring potatoes, wait until serving as they get mushy otherwise.
This is adapted from my friend Jane’s potluck dish that she always served on the 4th of July.
Weight Watchers Smart Points 4
Time Magazine Study on the words people want to hear most!
I Forgive You &
Or as my Gramma always said.. SOUPS ON!