Easy French Fries Recipe without the fat
This Steak Fry recipe comes out awesome and so much better for you than deep fat frying
This how to recipe was adapted from tips from both Rachael Ray and Tyler Florence. Both have ideas on how to do make crispy steak fries in the oven without the fat but this is what worked for me.. the Clumsy Gourmet, so hopefully it will work for you too.
|Crispy Oven Baked Steak Fries Recipe||
- Russet Potatoes or Yukon Gold (1 per person)
- EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Home Fry Seasoning (optional)
- Preheat oven and large baking sheet in 425 oven.
- Slice potatoes into long strips (depends on how crispy you like, I cut them fairly thin as I like REALLY crispy fries)
- Place them into a bowl and drizzle with EVOO, and seasonings, repeating a few times as you fill the bowl.
- Spread them out in one layer on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes… then turn and leave them in for a few more minutes deepening again on how crispy you like them.
(preheating the pan is the secret to the french fries not sticking)
These steak fries also keep well if you just wrap the leftovers in foil and bake them in the oven the next couple of nights at 400 again. (We rarely have leftovers though!)
Serve with Stuffed Grilled Burgers, Grilled Steak, Pork Chops, pretty much any meat you like will mesh well with these healthier option for these un-fried steak fries.
Let me know if you tried these and any ways you changed them up to make them your own culinary creation in the comments below.
Shop Rachael Ray Sales and Specials
Like this Rachael Ray Baking Pan
Rachael Ray’s approach to bakeware…with a creative twist that’s all Rachael!This 5-pc… [More]