Busy mom’s and dad’s … wives and husbands are always looking for a quick way to put a healthy meal on the table, enter Bertolli Soup Meals. They are our new go-to option for when prep time is short but appetites are big.
Mid-week dinner features Bertolli Soup Meals in under an hour.
Bertolli offers four varieties of Soup Meals and they can be found in the freezer section of your local grocery store.
From the selection of Chicken Minestrone, Roasted Chicken & Rotini Pasta, Tomato Florentine & Tortellini with Chicken, and Tuscan-Style Beef with Vegetables we chose the Tomato Florentine & Tortellini with Chicken option.
The soup was super easy to make, just open the bag, pour into a large saucepan with 1 cup of water and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer covered five more minutes or until pasta and vegetables are tender and all ingredients are piping hot.
I noticed that basil was one of the main ingredients so I wanted to mimic that flavor throughout the meal so I chopped two tablespoons of fresh basil to add to my other courses.
Next I so threw together an easy dinner salad by tossing together:
- fresh baby greens
- fresh baby spinach
- chopped Roma tomatoes
- sliced fresh mushrooms
- toasted pecans
- toss with balsamic vinaigrette dressing
For the third course take a loaf of Udi’s Sourdough Bread slice and brush extra virgin olive oil on each slide, sprinkle with garlic seasoning and fresh basil, wrap in foil and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
While the soup was heating I uncorked a bottle of Spanish red table wine (Venta La Ossa) a 2007 Tempranillo so it could breath a little.
The entire meal only took 35 minutes from start to finish but the important part was the taste. WOW! We normally don’t eat soup at home because the taste of canned soup leaves my husband cranky and still hungry. The Bertolli Meal Soup was rich, hearty and tasted like something a chef would make you in a restaurant.
My Mid Week Bertolli Meal Challenge Tips
The Clumsy Gourmet’s three tips for an easy and tasty weeknight meal.
- Add a fresh salad to any meal for a quick, easy and healthy course.
- Fresh crusty bread warmed with garlic in the oven goes perfect with any Italian meal. My favorite is Udi’s now Izzio.
- A nice bottle of red wine makes any meal feel like a special occasion.
My husbands review: “ I liked the consistency of the pasta, not mushy like you normally find in a canned soup, lots of complex flavor and nice color and lots of big chucks of tender chicken. Usually soup doesn’t fill me up but this one had lots of chunky goodness that was very satisfying even though I have a big appetite.”
More about the Bertolli Meal Soups:
- Bertolli® Frozen Meal Soups are hearty and fresh-tasting with vegetables, meats, pasta and herbs individually flash frozen at the peak of freshness.
- Bertolli® Frozen Meal Soups are available in the frozen aisle, and can be prepared on your stovetop in minutes.
For more information on these great soup meals please visit Bertolli on their social media pages and website below. They offer money saving coupons quite a bit so keep an eye out for those.
Would you like some more Mid Week Meal Challenge Tips? Take a look at these food bloggers below:
- Bertolli Midweek Meal Challenge by Mom in Management
- Weeknight Meal Special by Just Joanna
- Bertolli Meal Soups a Satisfying Weeknight Dinner by CarolinaMama
- Bertolli Meal Soups Mealtime Specials by Steals Deals & Life
Or find the #BertolliMealSoup hash tag on Twitter
Disclosure I was compensated by Bertolli to participate in the Weeknight Meal Special Challenge.